Monday, March 10, 2008

RAFTWET Jewell : Rafting Avatar Second Life

February came and went. A very exciting month for the Second Life avatar. RAFTWET Jewell celebrated her one year anniversary. In world, they call it the rezz day, a reference to resurrecting the avatar into life. Here is her report on happenings in Second Life.

RIVER LANDMy name is RAFTWET Jewell and I am the Second Life avatar for W.E.T. River Trips. Last month I celebrated my one year anniversary; the day I was born into this world. We celebrate the rezz day as if it was a full blown birthday. I didn't plan any parties, but my friends sure did. And I celebrated an entire week of fun.

This month, I have purchased additional lands on the mainland. Mainland property is very expensive. Mainland protected Linden land is even more expensive. Mainland protected ocean front Linden land is the most expensive. This last category is the focus of our land holdings. All of the WET Builder's land is currently in this category except for the practice lands which are in the second category.

WET Builders StoreThe decision to buy was not done through analysis. It was completely serendipity. I ended up in the Mauve sandbox very early in this game. I met the best builders here. Surrounded by sims, these builders had purchased several properties that either held objects or were being used just for the prim count. The area is surrounded by the creative builders for Second Life and W.E.T. 's practice land is here, too.

The new property is approximately 16,000 meters squared and is completely surrounded by Linden protected lands and water. I am considering building luxury condos and my ultimate home here. Last night, I met with a builder friend who gave me great advice on maximizing the land. He is an awesome builder, and I love his work.

Second Life Rental PropertyThe property in Archan is being rented. This property is oceanfront and is approximately 4,400 meters squared. Five decks for entertaining and a huge oceanfront for surfing and swimming lay in front of the home. I am never at this house, so I have decided to become a landlord here in Second Life.


This week Second Life has invited all concierge level landowners and estate owners to a special gathering and party on Saturday. It will be a very fun party and many of my friends will be there. As a large property owner, W.E.T. River Trips feels a responsibility to the Second Life grid in creating beautiful landscapes featuring rivers and waterfalls. We hope to promote and encourage conservation and environmental concerns for rivers, streams and oceans in-world and in the real world.

WET River Trips in Second LifeThe properties in Bisque remain. I live there mostly in a beautiful home on the ocean near the practice lands. I am not sure if I will remain living at this location as I am in love with the new property. As always, I will add water features throughout with rivers, waterfalls and other watery delights. I love building in Second Life... it is an addiction.

RAFTWET Jewell is now writing her own blogs:::

No comments: