Friday, June 1, 2007

New Stuff

Well, we uploaded several new pages using two new templates and two new css files. Do I love it? No. I'm already tired of the "new look." But, it is definitely more organized. Today, we added back some photos. The zen of pure code was taking over the joy of the visual experience. So, we added back in the pictures. Then we looked at the code. Yuck. It really junked up my nice clean structure. But, oh, I forgot... we are trying to sell river trips...

Speaking of clean code... learning script has been interesting... especially the Linden script for Second Life. It's getting easier and easier to look at script and filter out the junk and actually see the commands and action. Fun stuff. Now if I can apply this to real life script, I might be able to do something cool on the raftwet site.

A colleague of mine is a master programmer. He works on real life scripts. I'm scared of him. He has told me how scarey script can get, and I now know what he's talking about. It is scarey... the power of the action and commands that can "tell" something to do something that seems quite magical. I'm totally intrigued... lots of late night learning to do next.

No comments: